Monday 12 June 2017

Sufi dan Puisi 3

Beberapa waktu kemudian, saya menemukan buku tua karangan Anthony de Mello bertajuk The Song of the Bird terbitan tahun 1982. Tiba di halaman 196-197, saya menemukan puisi yang perawinya dinisbahkan kepada Bayazid, seorang sufi besar. Isinya kurang lebih sama dengan puisi "I Wanted to Change the World"... mari kita baca.


The Sufi Bayazid says this about him-self:
‘I was a revolutionary when I was young
and all my prayer to God was:
‘Lord, give me the energy to change
the world.’

‘As I approached middle age and realised   
that half my life was gone without my    changing a single soul, 
I changed my    prayer to: ‘Lord, give me the grace to     change all those who come in contact   with me. 
Just my family and friends,  and I shall be satisfied.’

‘Now that I am an old man and my days  are numbered, 
I have begun to see how   foolish I have been. 
My one prayer now   is, ‘Lord, give me the grace to change    myself.’ If I had prayed for this right  from the start I should not have wasted my life.’

The point is: khazanah Islam miliki kekayaan literatur yang tak kalah menarik dari khazanah-khazanah lain. Dan menerjemahkan kekayaan literatur tersebut ke dalam bahasa Indonesia adalah bagian dari sikap apresiatif.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bela Diri di Perumahan Metro Indah

Prolog Anak-anak kini semakin rentan di-bully oleh sebaya atau pun orang dewasa. Anak-anak di Perumahan Metro Indah, bukanlah pengecualian....